TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
You can become a Turkish Citizen by purchasing one or multiple properties in Turkey that should worth a minimum of 400,000 $, in total. Your Spouse and your children under the age of 18 will also be granted the Turkish Citizenship.
Your status as Turkish citizen will remain throughout your life and your children will be born as Turkish citizens.Turkish citizenship accepts dual nationalities means, you can keep your current citizenship alongside the Turkish Citizenship.
TURKISH CITIZENSHIP PROCEDURES AND CONDITIONS OF PURCHASING COMMERCIAL OR RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES FOR TAKING TURKISH CITIZENSHIP
• It is possible to apply for Turkish citizenship by purchasing one or more than one real estate properties; the total value of the real estate’s properties should be minimum USD 400,000. (This amount is valid for real estate’s properties which has been purchased on or after 14.06.2022)
• In such transactions, while transferring property title deed to the buyer’s name, the $ exchange rate will determined by the Central Bank of Republic of Turkey on the same day.
• The real estate to be purchased must be appraised by an appraisal company licensed by CMB (Capital Markets Board of Turkey).
• After purchasing of the property will be finalized a condition will be added in the title deed document that states ‘this property will not be sold for 3 years”. At this stage the appraisal report, bank receipt and all other documents related to the transaction will be submited to the Foreigner’s Property Registration Department via system, and a “Certificate of Conformity” will be sent to the Provincial Directorates of Migration Management and Civil Registration and Citizenship Affairs as well as to the e-mail address of the relevant person as soon as possible.
With this Certificate of Conformity, the property owner can apply for residence permit from Immigration Department and apply for Turkish Citizenship.
APPLICATION TYPES TO ACQUIRE A TURKISH CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT MINIMUM 400,000$
- Being a Turkish citizen brings many benefits both for investors and their families in terms of social life, financial opportunities and easy travel. Turkey guarantees the welfare and future of them with free healthcare and education services provided to its citizens.
- The program also provides shortcuts for relocation in the UK and the USA under special visa categories suitable for Turkish citizens. Foreign investors may begin the process of becoming British citizens by relocating to the UK as a beneficial extension of the agreements between the two countries. Besides, there is the possibility to live in the USA by having an E-2 investment visa.
- Foreign investors can buy real estate as residential property or as a prospective asset with the possibility of a high return on investment. Turkey has an extensive selection of comfortable residences and luxury seaside villas at appropriate costs for all budgets. Foreign investors may also gain rental income from their real estate investments or sell them after a 3-year period of restriction.
- There are different options and requirements to get Turkish citizenship.
- The easiest and fastest option is to become a Turkish citizen by purchasing a property worth $400,000.
- Those who have purchased a minimum of $400,000 worth of housing, workplace, estate or similar properties can initiate their application process by proceeding to The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre.
- The documents requested by the government institutions should be prepared in accordance with the legislation.
- After the application to The General Directorate of Land Registry and Cadastre, real estate appraisers check if the purchased property is worth $400,000 or not.
- The applicant must hold the property for a minimum of 3 years.